Must Read Monday
Featuring Author Debra Sennefelder...
Hello, happy Friday, my friends!
I’m so glad you’re here with me for another Coffee & Chat. Grab your favorite mug, get comfortable, and let’s catch up.
Things have been busy here, and to think that at the end of August I thought September would be a slow month. Boy, was I wrong! It’s been anything but slow. Do I dare hope for a slower October?
I’m finalizing a recipe for a guest post on Mystery Lovers’ Kitchen, which will be published on Oct. 11th. My friend, the lovely and talented Darci Hannah, is hosting me for the day, and I’m looking forward to hanging out with the other authors and readers of this wonderful blog. I’ve been reading Mystery Lovers’ Kitchen for years, so I’m thrilled to be a guest.
It’s also hard to believe that four episodes of my podcast, The Cozy Reading Corner, have already been released. It was only a few months ago that the idea came to me while I was driving to my dad’s apartment. By the time I arrived at his building, the whole concept for the podcast had formed, and I hit the ground running over the following weeks, creating the show. My husband purchased the equipment I needed, and it certainly helped having a hubby with experience in sound and production!
I have four more episodes planned for the fall season before taking a break.
And I need to make sure that podcast break happens because in early December, the tenth Food Blogger Mystery is due to my editor. I’m in the beginning stages of the second draft, which is where I get down to the nitpicky things like awkward sentences, overused words, and pacing, while also working on strengthening the storyline.
This is usually the stage when I start second-guessing my writing, my choices, and my overall skill level. But with this book, I’m loving it! I love the opening. I love the scene where…well, I really can’t share that, sorry. And there’s a possible new addition to Hope’s family that melts my heart every time he’s on the page.
The podcast break is important for another reason, too. I got the green light from my editor to work on another Food Blogger Mystery project, and more information about that will be coming soon. I’m excited about this one and can’t wait to tell you more when I can.
I’m also getting very excited about the release of Spirits and Suspicions on February 2, 2027. I’ve been receiving some wonderful early reader feedback, and I’ve received two amazing blurbs from three of my favorite authors. I have some fun preorder plans in place, too, and I’ll be sharing all of that soon. I just need to finalize a few things before I spill the beans.
And, of course, I have to give you a little Connie update. She’s enjoying the cooler weather and especially loves her walks. She’s also been snuggling a little closer at night, which I absolutely love!
So, yes, it’s been busy. And after looking at what’s on my plate between now and the end of the year, I don’t think things will be slowing down much.
Right now, I have my planner open, and next week includes errands, a doctor’s appointment for my dad, and a service call here at home. All of that means time away from my desk.
Yet, honestly, it does feel as if life has slowed down a bit compared to the past six years. It feels like life is finding a natural rhythm again, and it’s a feeling I’m grateful for. Believe me, I’m not taking this period of time for granted because I know how quickly life can turn on a dime.
For now, I’m enjoying the rhythm, getting my work done, spending time with the people (and dogs!) I love, and appreciating the little moments in between.
I’m so glad we had this time to catch up. Before you go, I’d love to hear from you. What’s something in your life right now that’s keeping you busy, but also bringing you joy?
Until next time,
Debra
Visit
Click Here

Comments
Post a Comment