My Maverick Quilts

 The next quilt I plan to make. 

I may only get it pieced because  I have Christmas quilts to finish.  

But I will at least hopefully get the houses pieced . . .



I am planning to make it to compliment this print I found for $10.00 at a resale store. 

This was waaaaay before we moved to Galveston. 

I loved the old house 




I finished this quilt and hung today. It sat completed w/o binding since before we moved to island.  I was determined to get it done and hung. 

Yes it is crooked and corner needs fixing. 
I hope my daughter comes soon to fix it. 

But I love my spooky cats! 

Why is it a Maverick Quilt?  It was pieced and machine quilted in the traditional way. 

But I cut the binding by folding the fabric down.  I measured 3" which on it's own is  non traditional. The quilters that taught me would be horrified!  Binding should be cut 2". 
And I cut it on the fold. 

I no longer have a mat or rotary cutter. 

I made do. 

I AM a Maverick  . . .




 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shadow of the Missing by Lauren Carr

The Chris Matheson Boxed Set by Lauren Carr

New arelease Shadows of The Missing by Lauren Carr