Dockside Secrets by Terry Overton My Review
About the book
Sixty-two days after Finley Burke moved into her new lakeside cottage, her life felt peaceful-until it wasn't. With the help of her newly formed friendships in the small village of Sunset Cove, she would discover mysteries lurking beneath the surface. A tackle box, an estate sale, and a deceptive, wealthy family called her to use her experience as a forensic psychologist to discover the untold secrets of Sunset Cove.
Join the Sunset Sleuths as they uncover what really goes on in Sunset Cove and the wealthy Kent family.
For readers who long for cozy mysteries like Aurora Teagarden, dive into the quaint community of Sunset Cove and see what really happens.
And I thought
What a great read. Although I have been following and featuring Terry Overton's children/young reader Christian titles I have never read one.
I was happy when she joined the Cozy Mystery World/Genre.
Dockside Secrets was a great read.
The characters are quickly and charming. Even the main suspect I tended to like.
I along with Finley and all her friends questioned whether Blake 3 (I think) was a victum or the criminal. I did have a hard time keeping track of all the Blake's. But who wouldn't.
Lynn a neighbor is the owner of two great dogs. She lends one to Finley for protection after her cottage is broken into.
In the end after all questions are annswered and tidy Finley annouces to her friends she needs a dog.
Along with Cozy fun characters Terry Overton describes a Cozy lakeside town anyone would want to visit or reside in.
The town police Detective was a bumbling fool most of the time dependant on the county crime fighters. His lack of interest in investing is what allows Finley to be able to investigate where the tackle box cane from and the story behind it's contents. And ponder the question were the jewels paste or worth millions?
The plot is fun and a little twisty turny and I would have been turning the pages at break neck speed. But instead I enjoyed the Audio version.
I am planning on reading book 2 as soon as possible.
I purchased the Audible version.
Iwas not asked to write a review.
Buy the book
Click Here

Comments
Post a Comment