Tips on Tuesday

 Today I am sharing  a sewing tip. 

And a tip for making a mixed media blog post.  

 First the sewing tip . . .

#1 make sure you are ordering  100% cotton. I mean who cuts polyester fabric into squares and sells as quilting blocks?

If you look close the green is cotton. 

All the rest is polyester.   It frays bad. And you must use pins.  

Quilers rarely use pins.  


Tip #2 I am showing what is called leaders and enders. 


When  you finish a block sew onto a little cut piece.  This saves you from having the edge of next seam eatin' by the machine. 

See the gap? It is between the leader scrap and the new block.  Makes this fast easy to sew even if you have to use pins. Please do not sew over pins! 




 I learned it works better for me to complete the collage on the page before applying paint. 

This is a challenge in my group created by  

Laura Jo. Here is her page

https://www.facebook.com/share/19j9wR5DcE/

Why I am unhappy.  I had to squeeze the words in and you can barely see them.  I loved the page till then.  But I won't paint over it. I am learning God loves me any way.  Even though I am not pretty or young anymore.  

I try not to cringe when my phones camera rotates.  I try and smile at myself and carry on. 

This is L J's page 


I like this one  better. But you can barely see my jammed in words in the left corner. 

🖤 When Darkness Meets His Light


Psalm 23:4

“Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.” 


There is something so comforting about the words “though I walk through.” David doesn't say if he enters the valley. He says when he does, he keeps walking.


The valley is dark, but it isn't where the story ends.

And notice what David focuses on not the darkness, not the valley, and not what might be waiting ahead. He focuses on God's presence: “You are with me.”


”The darkness says, “You are alone.”

His Light says, “I am with you.”

The darkness says, “You have every reason to be afraid.”His Light says, “You don't have to fear.”

The darkness says, “You aren't going to make it through.”His Light says, “Keep walking. I am beside you.”


God doesn't promise that we will never walk through valleys. He promises His presence while we walk through them. The Shepherd doesn't abandon His sheep when the path becomes dark. He stays close, guides them, and comforts them.


“The valley may be dark, but I am not walking through it alone. My Shepherd is with me, and His presence is my light.”


Today create a image.... It can be hand drawn or painted or a cut out that represents you walking through that valley like a pro. Not because you got it all together, but because you know Who walks with you. 


Lord, when I find myself walking through a dark valley, help me remember that You are right beside me. When fear rises, remind me of Your presence. When I cannot see the way ahead, help me trust Your guidance. Thank You for being my Shepherd, my comfort, and my Light even in the darkest places. Amen. 

You can visit my group over here.  

https://www.facebook.com/share/g/1FTL7MxocX/ 

I will link to blog parties












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shadow of the Missing by Lauren Carr

The Chris Matheson Boxed Set by Lauren Carr

New arelease Shadows of The Missing by Lauren Carr